Friday, June 5, 2009

From Ben McL


4 June 2009
Fascination and amazement are the manifest phenomena within my heart when I look at how fully the children of the orphanage trust. After all, being orphans, these kids have been forced to cope with the sickening realities of abandonment and heartbreak at an age when no one should have to do so. I am thoroughly convinced that if I had been in such circumstances at such an early age, then I would in all probability be limping in the fierce handicap of distrust. However, these children have defied the odds, refused to grow hard-hearted, let go of the pain and anger, and won the fight against the enemy of unfaithfulness. While the aching may persist from such abandonment, the breaking will most surely not. I speak so confidently on behalf of these kids’ amazing ability to trust in those around them because I have been one of those around them for the past few days, and I have felt the joyous privilege of being fully and utterly trusted.
A boy named Richard epitomizes this faith. Over the past three days, I have grown close to this child, so close that all Richard desires is to be around me, spend time with me, and trust me with all his heart. When I arrive at the orphanage today, I know that this nine year old kid will be yearning to have my attention and care; don’t forget that such love comes from a former stranger of a different race. Yet this obstacle has been no match for Richard’s beautiful desire to relate sincerely relate with me, and such desire has closed the gap between two former strangers and formed a fascinatingly amazing friendship between us. I cannot wait to see what meaningful event happens next in our relationship.

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you and see your precious faces! See you soon.
    We love you all,
    Mom (Mary)

    ReplyDelete