Sunday, June 7, 2009

Brothers















































































Brothers . Photos to come!
The very first day, kids bonded so quickly. Our kids remarked how quickly the kids trusted them. As Jesus, said be like the little children. In their trust, faith, joy, purity.
Michael and Ben are brothers, ages 17 and 20. They look just alike except for their hair so I could actually tell them apart! They found two brothers a year apart, Richard and Richi. They look alike as much as Michael and Ben. It was like long lost brothers reunited.
Ben asked me to take a photo of Richi and Richard so he could draw them. It was just use of the gift the Lord has given him, and he was moved by the Holy Spirit to use that gift to bless the brothers.
That night, Ben came to our room and worked on the drawing for a while. I think Ben and Michael are night owls, and that was the beginning of my night owl as AM and I stayed up late with them talking.
The next night, they came back, so I just gaveBen the computer so he could work at his own pace. The drawing was breath-taking and already posted . The sweet joy to me last night was Ben; mother Mary had been praying for Ben to use that gift to bless someone, and the next morning they saw the upload of the drawing and how God had answered that prayer. Specifically.
As Brad, Ben, Michael and I were talking at the market (lingering of course, on Dominican time so that when they say you need to be in the bus in 15 minutes that means maybe 15 or 30 or whenever) after we had just talked to the Haitian kids, I saw in Michael that this will defnitely not be his last trip here Lord willing. He is studying Math and Spanish in college. And it just fits him. He and I both are probably naturals for Domincan time! This trip was such sweet time for them as brothers. They stayed up the last night talking, and slept maybe an hour. The Lord blessed their time together and drew them so close to each other. It was a blessing to watch them hang out together. And to a mother, to see them with Richi and Richard.
Their parents are praying what the Lord will do in their lives, their whole family. I have an inkling of how that will look, and Michael and I talked about that on the bus what we both think that will look like. But as we learned from Harry, we bring it to the Lord and eagerly await His answer. “I am so excited to see what Jesus will do! I cannot wait for the answer!” Pray for them earnestly as they seek the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment