Monday, June 1, 2009

From Peyton H:


Peyton H: It is truly amazing the depth of the relationships formed after only one hour spent with the orphans and their excitement over our return today. These children just want to be held and loved- by us, total strangers who look nothing like them and whom they know nothing about. They just want to be near us. I pray that this is how our relationship with Christ would look- that we would just want Him to hold us and that our desire would be to rest in His arms. God is truly at work here in each of our hearts, every second of the day in every situation that we encounter. I pray that the orphans’ hearts would be open to receive God’s love and that we would be able to minister to them in the best way possible. I am so thankful to be part of this amazing trip- it has already changed my life in countless ways.

2 comments:

  1. Peyton, this is Frances and I want you to know that what you wrote brought tears of joy to my eyes. I am praying for you EVERY SINGLE day...several times!

    What a blessing to be a part of God's love for the nations. When we care for the "least of these" by the world's standards...we do it unto Jesus. Caring for the orphans of this world is so very close to the heart of God!

    I love you and we are all praying for your team and are so glad to follow on this blog.

    Thrive!
    Jay, Frances, Anli, and Virginia Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Peyton!---it's your Daddy.

    Just a quick note to let you know how much I love you, and how proud I am to read your thoughts---so eloquently expressed.

    Mama and I are both praying for you (and the entire group). Can't wait to have you home again. Keep up the great work, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete