Saturday, June 6, 2009

Friends




Friends



Before last Friday, I knew AM of course, Ashley L as she had kept Ellie a few times, Maggie and Sudie as they are AM’ age; but the rest of the youth were truly new to me and they all looked alike to me that first day. All the cute girls with long yellow hair (even the brunettes looked blonde!). And all the boys. Three Ben’s but they all looked alike to me. We are seated alphabetically on the plane, so AM and I share a row with James; then we are aisle buddies with Emily, Justin, and Peyton. AM and James kind of looked at each other out of the corner of their eyes on the way here as they had never even talked before the trip. And he is a couple of years older than her as well as a boy.



By mid-week, they were sitting on the bus sharing an ipod listening to Taylor Swift, ribbing each other, acting like brother and sister. And on the plane now they are sharing an ipod again. We bought a connector cable so they can both listen with full headphones. They talked on the way here what music they would listen to. I think they ended up next to each other on the bus ride here. Next to Pyburn and Bubbles. I just look at James and laugh. Both AM and James are funny, but the two of them together make me laugh til my sides ache, which they do after a week with them. Looking over seeing James’ gigantic smile. Every movie is the best movie ever,” my favorite”. I never know what James will say. I will be sure that they never sit near each other in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment